This year’s North American Sail & Power Boat Show takes place between Wednesday September 15th and Sunday the 19th at the Lake Erie Islands region of Ohio. The event is hosted by the Cedar Point Amusement Park and, as such, is unique in the range of activities on offer.
Over the 37 years of its existence, this show has become something of an end-of-summer boating tradition and is now officially the largest in-water boat show on the Great Lakes. As well as plenty of exhibitors, the event puts on loads of extra features to keep everyone entertained.
This year’s show will therefore also include the following:
– A WKFM Chicken Wing Eating Contest. The winner will receive a weekend getaway at a resort in Ohio.
– Complimentary test-drives on a wide range of vessels at the Demo Dock.
– A chance to climb aboard two genuine 76-foot LCM-8 landing crafts, as provided by the Firelands Military Vehicle Group and the local U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps division.
– An area for cost-conscious buyers, with a pre-owned boat section known as the “Brokerage Pier” (with one pavilion for boats under $15,000 and another for boats between $15,000-25,000)
– The chance to enjoy a free sailboat ride on the Sail Pier, courtesy of Harbor North.
– A Party Barge! Kick back and relax on this dedicated floating bar—what a great reason to indulge in a drink or two!
As well as plenty of space for some of the newest power and sail boats on the market, this show will have lots of stalls for accessories, such as marine propellers. As always, boat shows are a great opportunity to get your hands on some well-priced, top of the range kit for you boat. You’ll be able to speak to lots of other customers, quiz the manufacturer, and often bargain with whoever’s selling in order to get a better price.
So if you’re anywhere near Lake Erie at the end of the summer season, make sure you head to the North American Sail and Power Boat Show!