The United States Powerboat Show takes place October 14th to the 17th, 2010 in the Annapolis, Maryland. Now in its 39th year, it attracts more than 500,000 visitors annually and features the country’s oldest and largest in-water powerboat exhibition.
Sometimes boats shows can be too chaotic to someone who is looking for a specific type of boat or boating accessory. But if you are looking for a brand new powerboat, this is the place to be as they will carry a huge range of new powerboats only. These will be displayed both onshore and in water.
The show itself features motor yachts, trawlers, offshore fishing machines, high-performance boats and much more. Also featured are family cruisers, center consoles and the world’s largest power catamaran section. Of course, all the usually accessories (including propellers), related gear and businesses will also be featured.
The year’s features include:
– Take the Wheel Interactive Workshop (including Boat Demos): This is an interactive seminar that integrates “classroom” seminars with an introductory ride on one of four types of powerboats for novice boaters. There is room for about 50 participants, so sign up early to confirm your spot in this popular workshop.
– Green Boating Section: Including state of the art Electric, Hybrid and Solar Powered Boats.
– Antique and Classic Boat Collection.
– Boating Seminars.
– Information about the latest in Navigation Equipment.
– Trailerable Boats and Inflatables.
– Grand Prize – Moorings Charter to the British Virgin Islands, including airfare.
The quaint Annapolis atmosphere also provides a haven for shoppers to relax, dine and stay in the area while shopping for their new boat. VIP tickets are available for the first of day of the event for $35 US and adult general admission is $17 US. Children 7-14 will be are $ 4 US general admission and children 6 and under are free. Special combination tickets will be available and workshops and seminars may have additional fees. Tickets can be purchased online as well as in person.